Friday, September 21, 2012

Falcons Baby!!!

    Well, a lot has changed since I last wrote a blog... moved, married, new job. I'm a faithful blog reader with much blog envy. I read people's blogs and think, "Why don't I write anymore?"Quite frankly, there wasn't always exciting things to write about so I think that's what slowed my progress.
    If you're reading this, I'm sure you already know that David and I got married in August. It was the BEST. DAY. EVER. We haven't gotten our wedding pictures back yet, but when we do, I'll be sure to do a post on that. After the wedding day/week/month, we moved to Atlanta. (Buckhead to be specific) David's job was wanting him here and the timing just seemed right. It was a bitter-sweet move, but overall we're loving discovering the BIG city together... which brings me to my blog, Atlanta FALCONS!!!
    For David's wedding/birthday present, I gave him/us season tickets to the Falcons. I know, kind of a selfish gift, but he didn't mind!


The goofy face I love.
   
  Monday was our first official home game of the 2012 season. It was a LATE game. I don't know how people do the late nights and still function. The game started out 8:30 and we didn't get home until about 2AM. Yikes!!!!! 


Also new in my love life is my love for fantasy football. I had been asking David for a long time if I could be in one of his leagues... his answer was always the same, "no." (Yes, crushing my heart) Don't worry though, one of our friends from church was also struggling with the same husband issue that I was and she decided to form a girl's league. (Shout out to Becky!) 
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to announce that I'm a member in my very own fantasy league. Take THAT, David! ;)
My QB is Matt Ryan (The Falcon's QB) and my opponent had Peyton Manning. This week, while the falcons were playing Denver in real life, I was also on the edge of my seat as our QBs whent head to head. STRESSFUL! Seriously, I don't know if anyone could have prepared me for how stressful FF is! We seriously went point for point the whole game until the end when Peyton threw a bunch of yards and I lost by THREE stinking points. 



    It was such a learning night for me. 1.) Falcons are a little ghetto. 2.) It's much more difficult to hear the refs calls in the stadium. 3.) The field is much bigger than it appears on tv. 4.) FF is even more intense when you're at the game.
    In preparation for the game, I was required to do some homework... I love my husband. There we were smashed on the MARTA (Subway) with 500 other Falcons fans and he's quizzing me on the RBs and TE.





All in All, it was a fantastic night with my best friend. Cannot WAIT for next week! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment